VCU Health System
Pharmacy Residency Application Process
- Visit the VCUHS Pharmacy Services web site for pharmacy residency information and an overview of the application process.
- Review all program descriptions for PGY1 and/or PGY2 residencies of interest.
- Visit the VCU Health System Pharmacy Residency Showcase at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
on Monday afternoon, December 4, 2017 from 1pm to 4pm (Booth #4620).
PGY2 programs (only) interview through PPS as well.
- Note that the deadline for the receipt of applications is January 2, 2018.
- Check the Virginia pharmacist licensure requirements to verify prerequisites will be met.
- Review the standardized reference form and the instructions in PhORCAS.
NOTES: Use of the PhORCAS standardized reference form is mandatory. We require that each applicant have three completed recommendations entered in PhORCAS, preferably from APPE (or residency rotation) preceptors.
- Applicants must ensure that reference writers complete the PhORCAS standardized reference form and elaborate in the narrative comments section on the characteristics required by the specific pharmacy residency program:
- PGY1 Pharmacy
- PGY2 Ambulatory Pharmacy
- PGY2 Critical Care
- PGY2 Internal Medicine
- PGY2 Oncology
- PGY2 Psychiatric Pharmacy
- PGY1/PGY1 Health-System Pharmacy Administration
- Arrange for the latest pharmacy school transcripts to be uploaded into PhORCAS. For PGY1 applicants, we are interested in receiving your Fall APPE grades so we may request a transcript after the application deadline if needed. If we do make such a request, you may have it sent directly to Sally Coleman, Administrative Assistant, at the US Postal Service address provided below.
- Prepare a one-page letter of intent in PhORCAS.
- Complete the standard application form in PhORCAS.
- Submit your complete application in PhORCAS.